viernes, 17 de septiembre de 2010

An Overview of Communication 2


Implications of Effective Communication Behavior

Why is it important that we acquire better skills in communication? Lets consider three reasons.

Personal Growth:
One reason why it´s important to learn comunicate more effectively is that through communication I become whoever I am and you become whoever you are. We are more than our physical bodies-more than skin and bones. The mental and the emotional along with the physical make "me" and make "you". Through communication you and I discover the names for things about us and, more importantly, the meanings of things about us. Through communication you and I develop language so that we can identify and describe the things about us,even identify and describe ourselves. Through communication our personalities develop. But our mental and emotional development doesn´t stop at age five, or age thirteen, or upon graduation from high school-it continues. For each of us, the quality of our communication affects the quality of our living. The link between communication and mental health is clear. Can I think and express my thoughts clearly? Have I learned to be open and trust? Can I let myself be known by others? Or am I afraid and fearful? Am I withdrawn from others and from my world? These are matters directly related to one´s communication development. For these reasons, personal growth is one of the major objectives of the study of communication.

NaHui‎( *•.¸ ♥¸.•*´)☆♥ -(Foundation of communication)-

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario